The first and only live cake show in Turkey for cake decorators, home bakers and food lovers around the world
Location: Gayrettepe Mahallesi, Prof. Dr. Bülent Tarcan Sokak No:3, 34349 Şişli/Beşiktaş/İstanbul, Turkey
Dates: May 13 - May 14, 2017
If you have a passion for cake & cookie decorating, baking, chocolate or just love cakes then you’ll love Cake Show Istanbul.
Learn new skills and techniques, baking advice, stock up on the latest supplies, hands-on workshops and much more.
Here is what you can see at Cake Show Istanbul
View the hundreds of fantastic novelty cakes,wedding cakes, and some of the most artistic sugarcraft from international and local competitors on the two days of the show.
No matter your skill level or age, you can enter the competiton at the Cake Show Istanbul.
There’s a range of opportunities for you to learn new techniques at Cake Show Istanbul. Hands-on classes where you will learn new cake decorating techniques and get to take home your creation.
From beginner to advanced, you’ll find something perfect for you.
There are a number of free demos such as cake business, cake science, baking tips, sugar craft and more, all featuring 45 minute demonstrations on the hour.
You can discover and shop for the latest in baking and cake decorating supplies, tools, classes appliances and much more in the Cake Show Istanbul.
See you at the Cake Show İstanbul !
Cakes will be judged on the following criteria.
A - CELEBRATION CAKE
Any basic shape single or two tier cake with a theme such a Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Wedding, Graduation, etc. Any sugar media or techniques may be used. Styrofoam Dummies may be used. A minimum of 12 letters/numbers Celebration message must have included.To fit within an overall width of 35x35cm.
B - SCULPTED NOVELTY CAKE
Entries must be shaped or carved real cakes. Must display 3 in-progress pictures showing the cake carving alongside of the entry. Use of internal supports and/or armatures to support or create the shape are not allowed. To fit within an overall width of 50x50cm.
C - DECORATIVE EXHIBIT (SHOWPIECE)
Any creative, tiered and 3D design cake. Use of internal supports and/or armatures to support or create the shape are allowed. Fondant, chocolate modeling, chocolate, marzipan, pastillage and gum paste can be used. Strafor can be used. No height limitation.To fit within an overall width of50cm.
D - COLLABORATION
Max. 3 people team work will prepare artistic designs according to the determined theme. The design will be judged by the jury according to the visual impact and innovative ideas that the degree of difficulty and handwork. Internal support material, wire, styrofoam can be used in the construction. Sugar dough, royal icing, modeling dough, chocolate, marzipan, pastillage, oil cream, gelatin, isomalt, gumpaste, edible paper can be used. Max display area is 70x70cm and there is no height limit.
You have to write your TEAM NAME on the competition registration form.
Competition theme : Fantastic World
It could be objects of people, animals, perils, flowers; totally according to participants imagination and creativity. Characters and design must be created by participants imagination, therefor must be different from the reality. There is no creativity limit.
E - SMALL DECORATIVE EXHIBIT
Any creative Small 3D designs. Use of internal supports and/or armatures to support or create the shape are allowed. Fondant, chocolate modeling, chocolate, marzipan, pastillage and gum paste can be used. Strafor can be used. To fit within an overall width of 30x30cm.
F- FLORAL DISPLAY
Construction of a composition containing a minimum of 9 flowers complete with leaves. Wires, stamens are allowed.Additional presentation materials can be used such as Vaze, basket etc. To fit within an overall width of30cm.
G - CUPCAKES
Entries must be actual cupcakes decorated with any edible medium. At least six (12) cupcakes must be included in the entry. The display must contain 2 different decorating styles and tastes 2 (2 cupcakes for taste / decoration). At the discretion of the jury, will be able to sample a cupcake. To fit within an overall width of 40cm.
H - COOKIES
Entries must be actual cookies decorated with any edible medium. At least six (6) cookies must be included in the entry. To fit within an overall width of 40cm.
I - (13 - 17) TEENAGE
Any basic shape single tier cake with any theme . Any sugar media or techniques may be used. Styrofoam Dummies may be used. To fit within an overall width of 40cm.
J : ( 12 and under ) YOUTH
Any basic shape single tier cake or cookies with any theme . Any sugar media may be used. Styrofoam Dummies may be used. To fit within an overall width of 40cm.. At least six (6) cookies must be included in the entry.
1) Parents are allowed to bake cakes and prepare icing only.
2) Youth must color icing and complete all decorations.
3) Both parent and youth must sign entry forms signifying that they have read these rules and will abide by them.
K : SMALL BITES
It is cake pops, macarons, meringue, almond paste, marshmallows and chocolate. It can be participate with only one kind of product. Could be selected any kind of desired display stand. Max display area is 30x30cm and there is no height limit. If the jury would like, could sample the taste.
Entry & Payment Deadline : April 21, 2017
(No registration of entries will be accepted after this time. There will be NO onsite registration)
Upon delivery of your cake at the show, you will receive an official competitor’s badge. This must be worn throughout the show and will entitle you (the competitor only) to free entry to the show for all two days. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
1.Only one entry is allowable per person in each class. However, you may enter as many classes as you wish.
2. Competition entries must be the sole work of the entrant. This generally includes "Youth/Teen" divisional entries, with the following exceptions. For all youth 12 years of age and under, note the following additional rules.
3. Real cakes or cake dummies are acceptable. Entries using cake dummies must be reproducible in cake form. Do not use glue or any other items you would not use on real cake to secure your decorations. If using non-edible items, such as toothpicks and wires, make sure they are not inserted directly into the cake.
4. Sculpted cakes must be made and presented in real cake; submission of at least two in-progress photos is required for sculpted cakes.
5. Wires must not penetrate cake surface at any time (wires must be covered or picks used)
6. Manufactured ornaments, pins, jewelry or flowers are not permitted.
7. No allowed computer edible icing images. Patterns printed onto wafer paper are allowable
8. Cold Porcelain is not permittedUse of cold porcelain is not permitted.
9. Entries cannot have been previously exhibited or entered into any previous competition or show or shown on any form of social media prior to judging.
10. Complete your Judges Prop Sheet and deliver it to the show with your competition entry piece. The prop sheet provides information to the judges about what inspired you, what you were trying to achieve and how you made your cake. It contains as much information as possible about your cake, skills used, internal structure and the process you adopted to make your cake.
11. Maximum presentation board size in categories is different and stated in that ###a href="http://www.cakeshowistanbul.com/competition-class.html" target="">class. Read classification notes. There is no height limit 12. The entrant may have assistance in setting up the display during check-in and setup time only; however, all work on the display must be the sole work of the entrant. Assistants who have not also entered a display in the show will be expected to pay the public admission fee for attending during general admission hours Saturday and Sunday.
13. While every precaution will be taken to ensure that your display is not touched and/or damaged, Cake Show Istanbul will not be liable for any loss or damage during the time of the show.
May 12th Friday : 4:00 PM- 8:00 PM
May 13th Saturday : 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
14. At the end of the setup period, all work must stop, and the display area will be cleared. Judging will commence promptly on time. Any entry not checked in and set up by the time judging starts may be displayed but will not be judged. Displays must remain on display until 5:00pm on the last day of the show. They may be picked up from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Any displays not picked up by 6:00 pm the property of the Cake Show Istanbul will be disposed
Judging will be done by highly qualified judges. The Judges decision is final and there will be no additional feedback once the show is closed.
Judges and/or Show Committee have the right to disqualify entries showing poor taste or not adhering to the rules stated here.
When scoring your work, the judges use a number of criteria. These include but are not limited to:
ANY ENTRY THAT DOES NOT ADHERE TO THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY OR MAY NOT BE DISPLAYED BUT WILL NOT BE JUDGED.