Chocolate Espresso Cupcake Recipe
Thank you to Becky Pendergraft who shared this fabulous Chocolate Espresso Cupcake Recipe with us quite a few years back. It sounds like a true winner for the perfect chocolate cupcake so I thought I would share it with you here in the gazette as well.
Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes
Makes approximately 24-26 Cupcakes
- 2¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ Cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1¼ Cups Buttermilk
- 2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Freshly Brewed Strong Coffee
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Espresso Powder(heaping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda,
baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Dissolve the espresso powder in the
coffee. In a mixing stand, add the eggs, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Add the coffee/espresso liquid
and beat for an additional minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until all items are incorporated.
- Fill paper cups 2/3 full. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a
toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave
cupcakes in pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling
If you have a recipe you think is amazing and want to share it with us we would really enjoy that. Just post in the forums section on Cakesdecor. There is a little forum button on the right hand side, you can put it under "cakes and cake decorating" and please put recipe in the title. I would love to feature your recipe here in the gazette.