Pink Lemonade Cake Recipe
This month I thought I would share with you one of my new favorite recipes! It is so delicious especially for those lemon lovers. I made mine a little brighter pink to match the outside of the cakes theme which is Moroccan.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- Pink food coloring
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice from lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F .Grease two 9 x 2-inch round cake pans and lightly dust with
flour mix (I use a 50/50 mix of all-purpose flour and icing sugar), remove
- Sift 3-1/3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. Beat butter
with mixer on medium for 30 seconds, then add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time,
beating on medium until well combined. Scrape down side of bowl and beat for 2
- Add food coloring just a little bit at a time til you achieve the
color you are wanting; beat til all cake mixture is one color, no streaking.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In small bowl stir
together milk, lemonade concentrate, extract, lemon zest and juice. Alternate
flour mix and milk mixture to the butter mixture, beating on low after each
addition until combined.
- Now add fully combined mixture to both pans evenly. Bake
approxiately 35 minutes, check with skewer. If skewer comes out clean, cake is done. Cake should
spring back and have a slightly brown top. Cool in pans, then wrap in cling
wrap and place in freezer overnight. Thaw cake next day, level and stack using
your choice of filling. I used a light lemon buttercream with lemon curd, YUM!
This is not my recipe it is a combination of a few different ones I found but one that works for me. I hope you love it as much as my family does.